Special NMU for pgperl

(Sorry if you got this email twice. My mail from yesterday vanished
somehow, maybe it still appears on the list in some days).

Hi QA!

Some weeks ago I separated some auxillary postgresql packages out of
the main source tree into separate proper source packages, among them
pgperl.

pgperl is the original upstream name, so I just used it; but after it
was uploaded, I noticed that there already was an unrelated pgperl
package which got overwritten by my upload. I already contacted
pgperl's maintainer (Stephen, CCed) and the ftpmasters some days ago,
but got no response so far.

Do you think it is appropriate if I do the upload myself? I would only
update the version number (so that it gets greater than the current
one in unstable) and add an apropriate changelog entry.

Do you see any things I must pay special attention to?

Sorry again for the mess and thanks for any comments!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org