Re: Bug #178060: debian/copyright incorrent... Tagging for testing query.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 04:26:06PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:46:10AM +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:
> > Bug #178060 (in libxml2) is holding libxml2 2.5.3-1 out of
> > testing, compared to 2.4.24-1.
> >
> > The question is, since this is also true of 2.4.24-1 (I
> > just checked then) would it be bad to tag this bug with
> > 'sarge' as well as 'sid'?
>
> Well, there would be nothing technically wrong with that since the bug
> exists as far back as stable.

Good. :-)

> In this case I'd kind of prefer to just leave it as is so that there's
> an incentive to do something about it, though, since it's so amazingly
> trivial to fix (unlike the glibc bugs which require long legal
> arguments, code to be rewritten, etc.). libxml2 will be held out of
> testing until gcc-3.2 gets in anyway, which is a good bit more work.

I think I'll submit a patch, and when gcc-3.2 gets fixed on m68k, then
really start hassling.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

use, duplication and distribution.