ITH: Hayao Nakahara's packages

Hi there,

(Hayao, if you read this mail please let me know ASAP.  Also in that
case I really apologize for hijacking xdvik-ja)

Hayao Nakahara <nakahara@debian.org> has several packages(most of them
are related to Japanese TeX), but seems he is an MIA.  His last Debian
activity was recorded in 2002/06/25 according to db.d.o, but AFAIK he
has already stopped maintaining his packages around Aug. 2001.

Recently teTeX packages are massively updated and some of his packages
are so outdated that it doesn't work properly.  Also bugs(new upstream
version is available, etc.) has been accumulated anyway.  Some of them
are RC.

So several people including me are working on updating(actually almost
re-packaging) his packages now.  We tried to reach Hayao, but seems he
doesn't respond.  Also we actively discuss issues on
debian-devel@debian.or.jp(Japanese Debian Developers ML) these days,
but he said nothing.

According to Developers Reference 7.4, QA team can orphan MIA's
packages.  Do you think this is such a case?

His packages are:
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=nakahara@debian.org

dvi2ps has been NMUed by our teTeX guy Atsuhito Kohda
<kohda@debian.org>.  He might be interested in taking over the
maintenance of it.

I should be blamed for having hijacked xdvik-ja.  I've already
sponsored the updated xdvik-ja package from Masatoshi Tsuchiya(he is
not a DD, but actively working with the upstream).  Masatoshi has
already prepared the updated jtex-* packages, too.

I have no idea who is working on other packages, though.

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta