Re: Old, ignored RC bugs revisited

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:51:02PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> * hostname: Orphan and QA-upload.  Check whether Doogie still exists.

He surely exists... probably doens't care about hostname anymore though,
he mainly works on dpkg (and debbugs?) now.

> * php4-apc: Orphan.  The maintainer seems to be maintaining his other packages
>   quite well, but not this one.  (#186565)

I heard jacobo say something about orhpaning the package some time
ago on IRC...

Aha,

  * #219571: O: php4-apc -- Caches PHP scripts to get them loaded much faster
    Package: wnpp; Reported by: Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net>; 33 days old

> * postnuke: Remove from testing and unstable, in keeping with the comments
>   made about it.  Note that this is a cross-site scripting vulnerability, and
>   the maintainer appears MIA. (#197636)

Besides the reported security bug, there are a few others announced in
the postnuke webpage. I tried to download the package to see if it is
NMUable, to find it's packaged as debian-native (so I don't know if
there are debian changes). I agree, should be removed unless someone
steps ahead and prepares a QA upload.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/