QA HOWTO

It has been my intention for the last few years to write some
information for the QA web site or to write a QA HOWTO.  I have some
holidays coming up, and I might work on this (don't hold your breath,
though).  In any case, I wanted to get some feedback which issues to
cover.  Below are some things I reckon should be covered (in no
particular order).  Can others suggest more items?

 - wnnp:
       - packages orphaned for a long time
       - old ITAs
       - close ITP: bugs for accepted packages

 - qa BTS, packages: fix bugs
   http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa-packages/
 - orphaned packages with maintainer != QA

 - subscribe to -bugs-dist, -devel-changes

 - fix old bugs, reproduce bugs, send patches
     - bugs tagged: help, security, unreproducible
 - RC bugs, bugs.qa.debian.org, http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
 - coordinate with people doing that: hand out RC bugs to fix

 - help with testing: upgrades, d-i
 - monitor -user and file bug reports for bugs discovered there
 - subscribe to -testing

 - subscribe to -release and report packages which need hinting or should
   be removed

 - debcheck

 - inactive maintainers, MIA
 - unmaintained package, offer help