Is it ok to increase the gravity of a bug causing a RC bug in another package ?

Hello,

The RC bug here is #198921 against crystalspace (FTBFS on hppa because it
links static libs in a shared lib; no idea of why it does not cause problem
on the other archs).

The other bug I would like to increase the severity is #148955 against
lib3ds (which is 'important' for now), asking to reintroduce the shared lib
construction which was disabled upstream. I just posted a patch to fix this
bug to the BTS.

Fixing the problem in lib3ds rather than getting crystalspace stopping
linking against lib3ds seems superior to me, but the maintainer stated that
he would like to follow the upstream decision about shared libs. Note that
he may revise his opinion, given the fact that it causes a RC bug elsewhere.

I just though that increasing the severity (to grave) of the lib3ds bug may
speed the process up.

Any comments ?

Thanks, Mt.

--
Tout le monde savait que c'était impossible. Puis vint un imbécile qui ne le
savait pas et qui l'a fait.