Re: Orphaned packages (part 1): obsolete

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 09:33:01PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > xanim
> > xanim-modules
> >  - non-free, and effectively obsoleted by xine
>
> I suspect we still have quite a few users using this, based on
> debian-user traffic. Then again, we have quite a few users still using
> xv..

Well, it's not like dropping the package will remove it from their
systems, and hopefully it'll stop more people from using something
that we don't support (and probably never will, since perfectly good
free alternatives exist). In the past the argument has been that it
supported some obscure video formats... but this should no longer be
the case; AFAICT xine now covers them all.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK