Re: Bug #178060: debian/copyright incorrent... Tagging for testing query.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:46:10AM +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:
> Bug #178060 (in libxml2) is holding libxml2 2.5.3-1 out of
> testing, compared to 2.4.24-1.
>
> The question is, since this is also true of 2.4.24-1 (I
> just checked then) would it be bad to tag this bug with
> 'sarge' as well as 'sid'?

Well, there would be nothing technically wrong with that since the bug
exists as far back as stable.

In this case I'd kind of prefer to just leave it as is so that there's
an incentive to do something about it, though, since it's so amazingly
trivial to fix (unlike the glibc bugs which require long legal
arguments, code to be rewritten, etc.). libxml2 will be held out of
testing until gcc-3.2 gets in anyway, which is a good bit more work.

> Am I right in thinking that a bug tagged 'sarge' is ignored
> by the testing scripts when deciding valid candidates?

As far as I know, yes.