Re: pending-tag?

Hallo! Du (Colin Watson) hast geschrieben:

>On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:16:32PM +0100, Cord Beermann wrote:
>> While looking for a fixed version of spamassassin i came across bug
>> #161077 which has been tagged as 'pending' over a month ago.
>>
>> Maybe 'pending'-tags should be removed automatically if the new fixed
>> version doesn't appear in 2 (3,4,5) days time?
>
>I often use the pending tag as a note to myself that the bug is fixed in
>upstream CVS (no matter how far away upstream are from an actual
>release), so I would rather that they were left alone. It's fair enough
>to revisit them occasionally in the case of high-severity bugs, though.

| pending
|   The problem described in the bug is being actively worked on, i.e. a
|   solution is pending.

so it shows you that the bug is solved somewhere. But this won't help
Joe Debianuser. Even if 'pending' is there for weeks.

My opinion: If you don't want to release a fixed version for a problem,
but a solution is known, you should add that fix to the BTS and tag it
'patch'.

| patch
|   A patch or some other easy procedure for fixing the bug is included
|   in the bug logs. If there's a patch, but it doesn't resolve the bug
|   adequately or causes some other problems, this tag should not be used.

'pending' in my opinion should only be used for a really short period.

Just my 2¢,
	Cord

--
Cord Beermann   cord@Wunder-Nett.org (Privat)
Fachbegriffe der Informatik 161: "Internetpräsenz": Irgendwas machen, weil das