Re: Last minute package update request

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:40:04PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Make announcements. :p
> > As I tried to make clear (hopefully) carefully and politely tried to
> > show in a mail to debian-private it really seems that ftpmaster [...]
> > are obviousely overloaded.
> Everyone's an expert.

And, just to expound upon that before we drop further into the usual
sort of self-righteousness these threads evoke, you do _not_ know
what you're talking about at all. Right now, eg, much of ftpmaster is
working on fixing the security infrastructure. Would you like to help
with that? Then why didn't you when the security team was talking about
rbuilder over the past year?

If you want to know what you're talking about, you're probably going to
have to wait until someone from ftpmaster explains it to you, probably
in words of one syllable or less. Doing that will also take time and
energy that could otherwise be used for productive work, so it's highly
unlikely to happen in the near future.

As far as the release is concerned, when there's something to be
announced, it will be.

Enough with the angst-ridden whining already. Everything really is
going _fine_.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''