Re: Coloured graph of bug history over a single package's release cycle?

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 08:48:12AM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:51:41 -0300,
> Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> > Is there any tool to visualize the bug history over the release cycle of an
> > individual package? I'm thinking that would be an interesting way to see
> > activity on a package "at a glance".  The graph might consist of a time X
> > axis and a bug# Y axis.  Bugs would be coloured by severity (changing colour
> > if the severity changes over time, if that is easy to determine from the bug
> > database).  Each package release (gleaned from the changelog) would be
> > indicated as a dotted vertical line.
> >
> > Has anyone done anything like this, or should I try to write it myself?
> plotchangelog in the devscripts package seems closest.

It shouldn't be too hard to throw this info into an RRD and produce
historical summaries from it.

[time passes]

I've set up a little script to do this.  I'm going away over the weekend,
we'll see what it comes up with.

--
 - mdz