the ircd packages

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

Some of you may have read my thread on debian-devel@ about the ircd
package, too. However, i noticed two or three people blamed be because
i didn't want to wait >6Weeks to overtake the package. Now my question is
what your opinion is?

Let me declare the situation.
ircd _was_ maintained by Johnie Ingram. At the moment, it patently unmaintainted,
but Johnie didn't make the package RFA. The Last MU was in 11/99, in order to
that the package is very obsolete and has got lot of bugs. I'm interested in
overtaking the package, not just as NMU.

NMUing ircd is nearly impossible since debian/ is full of crap and needs to be
rewritten completely.

I mailed Johnie Ingram already and requested to make the package RFA, there
wasn't any response. he also didn't response to mail on debian-devel.

As some guys reported on #debian-devel@OPN, Johnie Ingram is a MIA, dunno
really if that is right.

However, tell me your opinion about the situation please: It's ok to simply hijack
ircd to get a stable version into r1 from woody or into 3.1? CC: me please, since
i'm not subscribed to list.

--
|  .''`.  | Martin Loschwitz ----------- hobbit.NeverAgain.DE |
|   `-    | Use Debian GNU/Linux --- http://www.debian.org    |