Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

(but my text is related to ajt who atempts to remove those packages
 completely.)

>      * #143005: zope-pythonmethod should not release with woody
A real reson would be the following quote from the URL mentioned in
the copyright file:

    As of version 2.3 of Zope, PythonMethods have been replaced by
    Scripts. They will continue to work, but you should use Scripts instead.

---> This would be a reason to remove the package completely.

>      * #143007: zope-renderable should not release with woody
---> No reason to remove this.

>      * #143008: zope-zcvsmixin should not release with woody
---> Here we have an example of bad maintainance.  According to

        http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/ZCVSMixin

     and a mail I just have send this product was replaced now by
     ZCVSFolder.  I regard this product as useful (you noticed I did
     some QA work by contacting the upstream author to clarify the
     name change) but as I said I have currently no time to
     *maintain* the package.  The current status of the package
     does not fit *my* personal quality requirements so that I
     would not upload it just with my email in the maintainer field.

>      * #143009: zope-zieve should not release with woody
---> This is kind of a *famous* Zope product which is often mentioned in
     the Zope user list. I have no personal interest in this product but
     I would think that some users would be upset if it would completely
     vanish.

>      * #143030: smupsd should not release with woody
---> I did my statement according to this package which was introduced
     and orphaned by myself.  It is not a target for woody but I would
     love to see it in Debian as long as it has some features other
     UPS monitors do not have.

Kind regards

        Andreas.