Re: woody

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 01:07:54AM -0800, Nick Jacobs wrote:
> However, in the absence of such statistics, surely
> the number of uninstallable packages by
> architecture is some indicator of the unreadiness
> of woody on that architecture.

No, it's not. For potato, eg, arm released with roughly some 120
uninstallables, and i386 with 19. Those figures aren't particularly useful
as they stand either; more meaningful numbers are:

	alpha: 8
	arm: 18
	hppa: 16
	i386: 1
	ia64: 7
	m68k: 2
	mips: 7
	mipsel: 9
	poweprc: 1
	s390: 11
	sparc: 3

When comparing between potato and woody, you should also realise there
are twice as many packages that could be broken in woody, and halve the
numbers correspondingly.

If you want to know why we haven't released yet, you should look at
the status of boot-floppies on alpha (which haven't been built since
last November), or packages like apache, slapd, pcmcia-cs, bison, nscd,
and so on.

Cheers,
aj

                        Vote [1] Bdale!