Re: strange preinst tests about --assert-working-epoch

Previously Martin Quinson wrote:
> It seems bad to me: It's a kind of dependency there, no ? But on the other
> hand, they just depend a recent dpkg to be installed, not to be used...

It is a dependency that might not be possible to be resolved by an old
dpkg: if it is a versioned dependency using epochs and you are using an
dpkg which does not support epoch you need an assertion like that.

At this point in time epochs have been in use for so lang that doing
that assertion check doesn't make any sense anymore though.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |