Re: Implementing my proposal for the organisation of QA

* Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> [020110 16:23]:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:
> > I'd like to get this running, so I'd like you to tell me within one week:
> > - if you seriously object against it
> > - to tell your comments about the suggested tasks below
>
> I have no objection to having people that are designated as being
> responsible for certain tasks.  But I think it's important that the
> doing of tasks not be restricted to those people.  They are just the
> fall backs, in case nobody else happens to do it.

This has been verified a few times.  It's a good point.

> Further, I have the idea that the tasks should *all* land on the TODO
> list, regularly posted.  So, for example, every month there would be a
> new TODO item added, relating to cleaning up stale ITAs.  The task
> would identify the correct procedure to follow.
> [...]

Use of the TODO system is rather orthogonal to setting up the structure
of what to do and who will do it.  It's a good idea for keeping in mind.
Distilling your description down to clearly specified algorithms may be
something that would be very useful.

A separate discussion should take place on the use of this TODO system
to influence the behavior of those carrying them out.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>