Re: Tool to orphan packages

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> The current maintainer of cplay, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>,
> is apparently not active anymore.  Therefore, I orphan this package
- now.  If you want to be the new maintainer, please take it -- retitle
- this bug from 'O:' to 'ITA:', fix the outstanding bugs and upload a
- new version with your name in the Maintainer: field and a
-
-    * New maintainer (Closes: #thisbug)
-
- in the changelog so this bug is closed.
+ now. If you want to be the new maintainer, please take it -- see
+ http://yet.to.be.written.or.somewhere.at.wnpp/

I'ld prefer to not explicitly list any procedure in the bug report it
self as the procedure to follow may change in the future (it already has
at least once).

> Justification:
>
> developer is lame

the script and idea certainly isn't.

					yours,
					peter
[If you've downloaded my PGP key before please redownload it for I've
 changed cipher preferences: gpg --keyserver pgp.dtype.org --recv 94c09c7f]
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal