GnomeMeeting 0.12.2 versus 0.85.1

Hi,

$upstream = "Damien Sandras" <dsandras@seconix.com>

I am the maintainer of GnomeMeeting and recently $upstream contacted me
and told me only version 0.12.2 of GnomeMeeting was available in stable
&& testing while 0.85.x has been released since and (long?) before
latest 'stable' was released.

Now I too am wondering why 0.85 never made it into stable / testing.

I might have a clue tho. Since $upstream switched to Gnome2 with v0.9x
releases of GnomeMeeting while I was still packaging v0.8x releases of
GnomeMeeting, I decided it would not be nice to force all users of
GnomeMeeting to switch to the Gnome2 version while Gnome2 at that time
was very unstable and expirimental, so I created a new package called
gnomemeeting2, which surprisingly brought people the Gnome2 version.

At later stages of development, Gnome2 became more and more stable, and
$upstream didn't work on the Gnome1 version of GnomeMeeting anymore, so
bugs didn't get fixed, I decided to repackage the 'gnomemeeting' package
with the Gnome2 version of GnomeMeeting and asked for the deletion of
gnomemeeting2 from the archive. So it happened.

Maybe this switch has to do with GnomeMeeting 0.85.1 not being in
testing/stable? For example, if I check on auric:

| [18:29] [ssmeenk@auric:~] % madison gnomemeeting
| gnomemeeting |   0.93.1-3 |      unstable | alpha, arm, hppa, ia64,
|                                             m68k, powerpc, s390, sparc
| gnomemeeting |   0.94.1-1 |      unstable | source, i386
| [18:29] [ssmeenk@auric:~] %

It only lists unstable...

Now, what I want to ask:

Is it possible to get GnomeMeeting 0.85.1 in testing and maybe even
stable? It has quite alot of bugfixes from $upstream, and even some
package improvements and overal, GnomeMeeting 0.85.1 is better at
supporting converstations with NetMeeting and other (newer) versions of
GnomeMeeting.

So, what do I need to do to get GnomeMeeting 0.85.x in testing and maybe
even stable?

I myself, and Damien think it's better for Debian to have v0.85.x.

Please let me know. I am subscribed to this list.

With regards,
Sander Smeenk.