Mico, orphaned or adopted?

Hi.

Sorry for the long To: list, but I am not sure who knows what is going on.

Where I am working we are using mico.

However, the version in debian/unstable is a bit dated, and as my coworkers
want "the latest and greatest", I should probably "fix it". ;-)

I am puzzled by mico's status; is it orphaned or adopted?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp
  reports mico as ITA'd by Lenart Janos <ocsi@debian.org> 261 days ago.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/being_adopted
  reports mico as in adoption for 257 days.

apt-cache show libmico2.3.[567]
  reports only one package,
  still maintained by Stephen Crowley <crow@debian.org>

  reports that it was orphaned on 4 Feb 2002 after some inactivity.
  shows that the O:rphaning has not been replied to except by spam on Mar 18
  approximately that long ago.

  it also shows a title change by Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>;
  maybe the reason it is an ITA now instead of an O:rphan?

If the package is still up for adoption, I will adopt it.
If Lenart Janos really did adopt it, then great.
However, why is there no reply to the O: in the wnpp bug?

I am suspecting that the spam at the bottom broke the bug.

Finally, what are the specifics about "the library naming issue that
upstream refuses to fix"? A versioning issue? Bad soname? Bad symlinks?

Thanks for your time.

---
Wes