Coloured graph of bug history over a single package's release cycle?

Is there any tool to visualize the bug history over the release cycle of an
individual package? I'm thinking that would be an interesting way to see
activity on a package "at a glance".  The graph might consist of a time X
axis and a bug# Y axis.  Bugs would be coloured by severity (changing colour
if the severity changes over time, if that is easy to determine from the bug
database).  Each package release (gleaned from the changelog) would be
indicated as a dotted vertical line.

Has anyone done anything like this, or should I try to write it myself?

Ben