about maildrop not locking mailboxes properly

Hi,

I just ran strace on maildrop and it doesn't seem to include any kind of
fcntl*(*, F_SETLKW, *) call on the potato+sid machine. It seems I can
reproduce the bug on my sid machine too now, but it _does_ do the fcntl()
lock on it, yet mutt still bitches.

Downgrading maildrop to 0.75-2 makes mutt say "New mail in this mailbox."
like before.

I've done a diff between strace logs from both versions and noticed only two
differences:

-open("mail/spam", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT, 0660) = 3
+umask(077)                              = 07
+open("mail/spam", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT, 0666) = 3
+umask(07)                               = 077

I don't actually think this stuff should affect anything since that file
already exists, i.e. it won't be created again using the the mask&~umask.

Then again I'll refrain from further comments on this since I don't actually
know how it works :)

Any help appreciated.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.