Re: FHS transition
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:26:54PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:58:42AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> > fhs.html tracks testing, not unstable.
> Ah, I didn't remember this changed.
Yeah, I swapped it over once everything in unstable/i386 was fixed.
> > The version of rat in testing is
> > the same as that in stable, so somebody needs to get the new version
> > into testing. Building it on m68k, s390, and sparc may be enough.
> The maintainer is on it.
Cool. There are a number of other outstanding problems; I've been fixing
them or looking for help with them where possible, but other people
might be in a better position to do this. The ones I can think of are:
* swisswatch needs a binary NMU on alpha (I've mailed their port
* rscheme needs fixing generally.
* gforth won't build on m68k ("Invalid memory address" when it runs
* xfractint won't build on powerpc.
* realtimebattle won't build on arm (internal compiler error).
* A number of other packages need updated binaries.
In these cases, if we can't get binaries up to date, they probably ought
to be removed on the problematic architectures.
Colin Watson [email@example.com]