Re: Base & Standard packages Bug Squashing Party

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 03:13:21PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> RC "base" bugs:
>     fileutils 108145 open serious patch

At the moment, our policy during the BSP is just sending patches for
these bugs, and not NMU'ing... should we be doing uploads?

>     glibc 100336 forwarded serious

This is the zsh bug and people think it's the hppa kernel.

>     glibc 109072 open serious

Patch included.

>     glibc 46859 open critical

HURD

>     modutils 108934 forwarded serious

This has a patch too... I guess Wichert will upload.

>     pcmcia-cs 101748 open grave

Should be fixed already by pcmcia.

>     pcmcia-cs 97188 open grave

While I haven't touched many laptops in my life, I'd say the depends are
alright now.

>     pcmcia-cs 98290 open grave

Same as 97188

>     tasksel 103773 open grave

Solved with X -3.

>     yaboot 109324 open grave

New upstream version's only change is a fix for this.

> RC "standard" and "task" bugs:
>     abiword 108986 open serious
>     abiword 109580 open grave

looks like aaronl will take over.

>     anacron 97969 open serious
>     apache 102170 open serious
>     apache 108537 open serious
>     apache 72468 open critical security
>     apache 74109 open critical security
>     apache 98220 open grave
>     binutils 109173 open serious

There's a patch, no confirmation if it worked.

>     cxterm 94631 open serious
>     fetchmail 98388 forwarded grave

This is a documented limitation, maybe it should be downgraded.

>     gdb 107807 open serious
>     gdb 86882 open grave
>     gimp 109786 open serious

Should gimp be removed entirely? 1.2 works on every arch, right?

>     gnome-games 106797 open serious

Submitter says it should be closed, but it seems it doesn't build
still... ?

>     gnome-utils 105990 open grave

>     gnuplot 100541 open serious

Licensing problems, one example should be removed.

I'll tag / merge whatever these bugs as needed.

> For those who're willing to poke around a bit, I'm generating the lists
> of bugs and packages from stuff in auric:~ajt/basebugs/.

Can you link that to your public_html?

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E