Missing Manpages [Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>] Re: xbel-utils man pages

FYI

--- Begin Message ---
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr> wrote:

>   BTW, do you know that we have a manpage effort within the Debian
>   project?

Yeah, I saw qa.debian.org and the man-pages site.  However, I have to
admit I do not like the interface very much.  I understand that the
Debian Project is rather big and certainly hard to manage but this page
seesm too static for me.

When I developed my PHP/mysql frontend for my "Missing Man Pages
Project", I had not yet seen qa.debian.org, but I could imagine qa to be
re-structured in a similar way as my frontend.

Would the Debian Project be interested in that?  I'd be happy to develop
a database scheme that could improve the current man-pages section of
qa.debian.org.

>   How do you intend to coordinate with us? Who are you coordinated
>   with exactly?

Well, since random people report pages on my site, I usually  see that
these pages are being written and if the application in question does
have a debian-package I cc the package-maintainer when emailing the page
to the author of the software.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann