Re: diald not installing

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 12:52:54PM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> I have trouble installing diald. It fails to run the post-installation script.
>
> here is some output:
>
> Arwen:~# dpkg --configure diald
> Setting up diald (0.99.4-2.1) ...
> dpkg: error processing diald (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 30
>  diald
> Arwen:~#
>
> Is there a flaw in the package? Or is there some flaw on my system?

No, it's a bug in the package (see http://bugs.debian.org/76449). I
promised ages ago to do a non-maintainer upload to fix this, but forgot;
now my GPG key has been the casualty of a disk crash and I haven't
recovered it yet.

QA people, could somebody NMU diald? My last message in the bug log
explains how to fix it, and in the month and a half since I sent that
I've heard nothing from the maintainer. It's one of our oldest
release-critical bugs.

Stig: in the meantime, edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/diald.config, look for
lines starting with 'db_input', and make sure they all end with '||
true'. Then run 'dpkg --configure diald' again.