Re: QA and the freeze...

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:11:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> For the freeze to work well, there are two separate QA tasks that need
> to be done: (1) fixing RC bugs before the packages they apply to freeze,
> and (2) improving packages' policy compliance and overall consistency.

Hrm. I should probably have phrased something a little differently in that
message.

Are people amenable to working along these lines? Are there a couple of
people who're willing to volunteer for those tasks and coordinate them?

Coordination basically involves keeping lists of problems that can be
fixed, and making sure people know what things are most worth working on.
The RC buglist is one such (except it probably needs to be ordered / split
up by priority), the base bugs list is another; but there's also lintian
errors and warnings, priority problems, unstated conflicts, missing menu
and doc entries, and such like which could probably be usefully addressed
over the next couple of months.

If there's no one available to keep track of these things, the freeze'll
continue regardless, but I'd expect it'd be beneficial if we did try to
do some decent QA work, beyond the minimum necessary.

So, volunteers?

Cheers,
aj