Re: more about /usr/share transition

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:08:12AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:53:17AM +0200, Adrian Bunk ?crivait:
> > Sorry, but these are "serious" bugs. We want to have /usr/doc symlinks for
> > _all_ our packages in woody.
>
> I'm against submitting more & more RC bugs that are not worth it
> considering that we don't have the resources available to fix them.

It may take time, but these bugs are considered serious enough to warrant
delaying a release to fix them.

> Furthermore all those RC bugs that won't get fixed will just be useful
> to prevent more packages from sid to get into testing.

If you file against the versions in testing, then they should not count against
the sid version so ought not to affect packages getting into testing.
(That's my understanding, anyway)

> Feel free to ask the maintainer to update their packages but don't submit
> them as RC bugs.

If you feel /usr/doc/ symlinks aren't release critical, file the appropriate
policy ammendment.