Re: Your help with QA is needed

Hi Josip!

You wrote:

> The biggest issue is that the function that gets the names of the
> source/binary packages does 'find <mirrordir>/dists/foo -type f -name
> *.dsc' to locate those files, which of course fails with the pool. We need
> to parse the Sources file, I think.

Well, I just might be able to help with this. Some time ago, I hacked a
little perl script that does exactly this (well, not exactly, but it
comes close): it parses the Packages files to determine which packages
to process and then, one by one, downloads the packages and runs lintian
over them. (the source is at http://www.a-eskwadraat.nl/~bas/LBR).

I don't know how much work it would be to integrate this in Lintian, but
a lot of code should be recycleble. Unfortunately, I won't have time to
look into this until after Easter.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |