Re: old ITAs

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:28:14PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> > >   How old an ITA should I poke at?  One year?  Six months?  Two weeks?
> >
> > My intuition says about a month. Looking at the modtime of the .log file
> > on master is probably easier than looking at the misleading age of the
> > bug.
>
> Say more.  Why is the log time a more reliable estimate than the age
> of the bug?

The age of the bug refers to when the bug was originally filed, which is
often a long time before somebody followed up volunteering to adopt the
package. If you don't want to grovel through each individual bug looking
for the date of the ITA itself, the .log modtime is probably a better
estimate.

Happy new year,