Re: qa.debian.org website status

* Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [011214 02:45]:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:29:46AM -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> > Why aren't these pages in the debian-wml CVS with the rest of the
> > Debian WWW site?  It is due to the PHP generated charts?
> >
> > 	http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php
>
> They've always been in the qa.debian.org CVS (/cvs/qa, module wml).
> Historical reasons I guess.

Is there some reason to continue this tradition?

I ask because there are no international translations of these pages.  I
feel this is increasingly important even if just to describe the process
to report bugs in english.  I also don't know what process is necessary
to ask for updates to the pages should any be needed.

With the reorganization being discussed on debian-www, now would be a
good time to review these traditions to see if they fit current demands.

> > Also <http://base.debian.net/> and <http://standard.debian.net> are
> > linked from qa.debian.org.  I guess I noticed this but it never really
> > registered before.
>
> Yep, they seemed like useful links to have.

These are very nice links indeed, especially given the state of Woody
right now.  I like them very much.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>