Re: Bug #74239 - Will it ever be fixed?!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:08:04PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Åke Wallebom writes:
>  > #74239: ssh: X11 forwarding hangs connection attempt
>  > Package: ssh2; Severity: important; Reported by: Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com>; 1 year and 53 days old.
>  >
>  > Will it ever be fixed?! I really want to use X11 Tunnels!
>  >
>  > Is there another package for debian which provides a ssh2
>  > compatible server?
>
> the openssh packages are probably what you want.

Indeed (the binary package is just called 'ssh').

If you need the non-free ssh in particular to be fixed for some reason
you'll probably have to track it down yourself, as there isn't much in
the way of maintenance happening on ssh2 (being orphaned and all). On
the other hand if you *do* find a fix somebody will certainly be able to
apply it.