Re: testing boot floppies 3.0.18

Jeff Sheinberg wrote:
>     o After rebooting, I am asked if I want to startup the ppp
>     connection, however, the pppconfig program is _not_ run before
>     pon is executed.  A newbie user would be completely lost here,
>     and under potato, pppconfig was run before pon was executed.

The code is this:

                # Set up ppp if not already set up.
                if [ ! -e /etc/ppp/peers/provider ]; then
                        pppconfig --noname </dev/tty >/dev/tty || true
                fi

Maybe the ppp package has changed so that there is a /etc/ppp/peers/provider
by default; this would defeat base-config. Would someone like to run
debootstrap or do a test install and check?

Of course, if pppconfig is not installed as part of the base system or
something, that could also explain it.

>     o I have no pcmcia devices.  This was neither detected
>     properly, nor was I queried about pcmcia, instead, there were
>     various unsightly errors printed regarding pcmcia during the
>     reboot.

Like what?

--
see shy jo