Re: RC bugs in packages maintained by this list

On 21/10/01, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Colin Watson writes:
>  > On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 05:44:32AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
>  > > I can clean out some of the ssh2 stuff, but somebody who actually knows
>  > > about ssh should have a look at the ones that aren't just build
>  > > failures.

>  > OK, acrimony aside, I've downgraded one of ssh2's RC bugs and fixed the
>  > remaining three in an upload now sitting in pandora's incoming, with
>  > Christian Kurz's help. Assuming that it builds cleanly, it should now be
>  > releasable.

> Is there actually anyuseful functionality in ssh2 that isn't available
> with openssh?

If I'm not mistaken ssh2 offers some chroot functionality that OpenSSH
is lacking. A description of how to use that chroot functionality and
also some ways of exploiting it are described at
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1404. (I just used Google to find
it.) That was the one that came to my mind, since I remember that there
was also some discussion on the OpenSSH list about Chroot and SSH.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)