Re: ddts: notification about it translation of the lilo-config description

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 08:41:36AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:04:39AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Can these please be turned off by maintainer (debian-qa@lists.debian.org
> > or packages@qa.debian.org), not by package? New packages become
> > maintained by QA all the time.
>
> I have not add this feature now.
>
> But I read this list and if I find a notification, I add this package
> on the server list myself.

That's very unreliable, and I'll bet you'll often miss them. That still
leaves us with being spammed by the first one for each package, too, and
debian-qa gets enough mail when a package enters its maintainership.

> Where can I get a uptoday list of all qa packages?

Search the Packages files for either possible maintainer address. I
strongly encourage you to add support for NONOTIFICATION
maintainer@domain instead, though, as that would alleviate a lot of
people's annoyances with the ddts - from a brief look at the code, it
looks like a matter of adding the maintainer address to the database
plus a couple of extra lines of parsing code.

Also, remember that if you won't do this you have to take packages out
of the no-notification list again when they stop being maintained by QA.
In general your system doesn't cope very well when maintainers change,
because the preference is almost always on a per-maintainer basis rather
than on a per-package basis.