From: Adam Di Carlo [mailto:adam@onshore.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 9:33 AM
To: debian-testing@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-qa@lists.debian.org; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: boot-floppies 3.0.12 for i386 ready for testing (PCMCIA)

I think I've managed to fix the PCMCIA problem we've been having.
Please test the  pre-release version 3.0.12 of the boot-floppies,
which I have uploaded to
<URL:http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.12
-2001-18-19/>

If this works, I hope to follow-up almost immediately with a
source/binary upload for i386 (and PowerPC perhaps, although I think
there are some kernel issues remaining there).

Below is the changes so far since 3.0.11.

boot-floppies (3.0.12) unstable; urgency=low

  * Falk Hueffner:
    - Alpha documentation updates.
    - Fix netboot (patch provided by Goswin Brederlow
	<goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de>).
    - Fix Ruffian MILO disk.
  * Eduard Bloch:
    - for arches != powerpc or sparc, allow not just msdos floppies, but
also
      vfat, fat, or minix.  Note that this does not imply that the kernels
      we build with support these, however
    - dbootstrap: when making a reiserfs partition (for booting), help the
      user by making sure the partition is big enough
  * David Kimdon
    update German translation, patch from Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
  * Adam Di Carlo
    - fix some build problems, especially affecting USE_LANG_CHOOSER
      (which still isn't quite working yet)
    - fix problem where PCMCIA modules weren't being shipped, I hope
  * Gerhard Tonn
    - s390 changes; boot floppies should build now on s390.

 -- Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org>  Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:20:05 -0400