Re: Let's close down the QA committee

Le Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:24:07AM -0400, Michael Stone écrivait:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 05:00:36AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Who has the authority to remove a package in this state, and forestall
> > angry complaints should the maintainer come back some years in the
> > future?  Well, the QA committee clearly does.
>
> Not really. The QA committee was never given any such authority.

The QA committee was designed to play such a role. Sorry.

But there's no problem since tbm (and myself if I had to) happily [1]
removes packages when he doesn't get answers from the maintainer.

Cheers,

[1] I'm sure he's protected against flames from unhappy maintainers.
Like myself, I learned to resist to that. :-)
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com