rtl8139

Hi

I successfully installed debian 2.2r3 on my PC, but I'm having trouble
configuring my Genius GF100TXRIII network card. The bundled disk says
I have to use the rtl8139 kernel module
I have RedHat installed on another partition on the same PC, and it
works (using 8139too module, since it's redhat 7.1 with 2.4.3-12
kernel)
I have a DSL connection. The DSL modem is connected to a router, wich
my computer is connected to. The router is set to use dhcp.
So all I did to get the card working on redhat was

(1) add "alias eth0 8139too" to modules.conf
(2) modprobe 8139too
(3) run netcfg and set eth0 to be automatically configured using dhcp
(4) ifup eth0
I tried to do similar things in debian, but can't get it to work (I
aded the rtl8139 module at installation)
When I got bored, I installed progeny debian with the same results. At
instal time, I set the card to use dhcp,and it doesn't work, I get

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Neven Boric

please cc to my mail address