keymaps missing from console-common

since i never got a reply from yann, i wrote to owner@bugs, who asked
me to write to you.  keyboard support has been broken in testing for
at least 5 weeks.  i hope someone can do something about it soon.

| jeff covey jeff.covey@pobox.com http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|               phil: high priest and holy keeper of the metrics.            |
--- Begin Message ---
i haven't had a response from yann.  could you do anything about this?
i'm amazed this is still unresolved, considering how serious it is.
i was luckily able to log in from another machine after the upgrade
hosed my keyboard map.  other people were probably not as lucky.  even
now, i have to do this whenever i want to do anything with apt or dpkg
and have a usable keyboard afterwards:

apt-get --yes -f install ; [do something] ;
	dpkg -i --force-conflicts ~/console-data_1999.08.29-11.2.deb

, which is ridiculous.

thanks,

| jeff covey jeff.covey@pobox.com http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|                    all composite things are impermanent.                   |
--- Begin Message ---
could you please let me know when you think you'll be able to deal
with this issue?:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=94268&repeatmerged=yes

it's listed as a "normal bug", but i consider the fact that the
keyboard no longer works on my workstation to be of rather high
urgency.

thanks,

| jeff covey jeff.covey@pobox.com http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|                      i have a wide variety of superpowers.                 |