Re: apsfilter - printing black strips instead of words from abiword

Hi,

Mark Devin wrote:

> I have: Canon BJC-4200 on a local parallel port (/dev/printers/0).  I
> ran the apsfilterconfig script and it changed my /etc/printcap file as
> follows:

The printcaps lookin to me all right.

> Now, I can print from Netscape OK with the following command in the
> print dialog box:
> lpr -P bjc4200 ---> this prints perfectly
> I can also print from files like this:
> man apsfilter | lpr -P bjc4200  ---> This prints OK also.
>
> However, when I try to print from abiword then I get only thick black
> strips where the words should be.  And it doesn't matter what font I use
> in abiword either.  The same happens if I ask abiword to print to a file
> and then later send the file to the printer.
>
> Any suggestions where I may be going wrong?

The most 3 diffrents Print format Files are Text Only, PCL or PS ( and sometimes
a little bit PJL )

Question is what cames out of abiword ?

Print from abiword in a file. Then look in it.

in earlyer versions of Star Office i had problems with printing. The PS files
were not clean and the Printer dumped the files or printed somethink diffrent to
what i want.

Best tipp is to check if the output print file of the program is right.

or its some sort of convert problem.

even try ifhp filter with Lprng. it´s runs really great!

L8ters daniel