Re: Work-needing packages report for Feb 23, 2001

>> Brian Russo <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu> writes:

 > Upload new packages of everything just to change the maintainer to
 > QA ?
 >
 > seems like a waste of resources, especially with the buildd's on
 > some arch's behind a lot, adding even a little more load doesnt make
 > sense.

 Since I take this information from the Packages file, I'm pretty sure
 this is what people are seeing, which means bug reports go to those
 maintainers and not to -qa, which happens to add yet another point to
 my seemingly ethernal problem with orphaned packages.  THEY ARE NOT
 MAINTAINED.

 It's either that or ask for an override, which means that when and if
 the package gets adopted you have to ask for a change again, which puts
 more work on the shoulders of ftp admins.  I rather put more work on
 the shoulders of a machine.  What is that?  That I'm going to break
 packages by doing this?  That they won't autobuild anymore?  See
 closing comment on previous paragraph.

--
Marcelo