Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 10:02:46AM -0400, Buddha Buck wrote:
> > I would say, without such a survey taking place, that for each package
> > in non-free, there is at least one person who:
> > * has stated agreement with the DSC and DFSG
> > * uses the package, or at least believes others do
> > * feels strongly about the package enough to package and maintain it
>
> Actually, that's not true: the following non-free i386 packages have
> debian-qa listed as the maintainer:

OK, I was thinking of packages which were actively maintained, not
orphaned.

> Maybe we should move all these to project/orphaned? There doesn't seem
> much point keeping non-free stuff around if no one's interested enough
> to maintain it.

Maybe they should be dropped altogether?  After all, not only does no
one seem interested in maintaining them, but their licensing status is
contrary to Debian's goals.

I would say that an official policy of purging non-maintained non-free
packages more aggressively than non-maintained free packages would be
right in line with the DSC, myself.

--
     Buddha Buck                             bmbuck@14850.com
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our