Re: Attitude!

On 00-09-29 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Look, Christian, I'm sure you're an excellent programmer and obviously have

Thanks, but I'm not so excellent as you might think.

> an ego and attitude to match, but the logic of this issue is inescapable.

No, I don't have anything to match, because I'm not intrested in the
usual aspects that a programmer should match.

> You probably consider me just another clueless American Debian user, but my

No, because I don't judge anyone by his color, his race, the land he or
she comes from or other facts, on that he has no influence. I make
judgements only on facts, that the people can affect for themselves.

> Thus spake Christian Kurz on Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:34:17AM CDT
> > > My majordomo lists (one of which is commercial) have been down all day until
> > > one astute list subscriber wrote me personally with the details of the
> > > bounce message she received and I was able to spot the problem.
> >
> > What? You administrate a mailing-list and need one day to find out that
> > the setup is broken? I'm happy that I'm not subscribed to any of the
> > list you administrate, because I expect a mailing list admin to notice
> > any error after some (normally 3-4 hours).

> This is crap.  I didn't ask for your opinion here, and it's not welcome.

Then why do you tell us this things and write them in a way, that gives
it a look like debian is the one to blame who did everyhting wrong?

> The point is that I was inconvenienced and embarassed by the rudeness of the
> Debian upgrade which made a completely unauthorized change to a fundamental

But then please don't write in such an attitude that I as a developer
get the feeling of being pissed on. May attitude wasn't also fair to you
but I just reacted in the way, that some does, when he gets angry. So
sorry if I personally insulted you.

> As it happens, my response time on the problem wasn't really much longer
> than this.  I worked on the upgrade until early morning, went to bed and
> slept late.  It was about 8 hours after I got up that I was made aware of
> the problem.  The mail system and perl worked - I checked that before

Well, then it would have been nice if you would have mentioned this
already in you first email, which would have cleared up the situation.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member