Re: My current QA works and some suggestions

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've done the uploads for the packages I announced some days ago except
> ntop where I'm waiting for a response of Wichert Akkerman if #70543 is
> really a bug. You'll notice my upload of ntop because it'll close some
> bugs. For various reasons I didn't make uploads for all of the other
> packages I wanted to make an upload.

I won't upload a new package of ntop. I planned to upload the new upstream
version, but there are too many things you have to work around before the
package will build and it isn't worth that much work for me.

> Some suggestions of things I'd like to do if noone objects:
>
> Remove chimera completely from Debian
> chimera is an old nonfree browser and it's (DFSG-free) successor is
> already packaged as chimera2.
>
> Move xmap-[d|s]motif to project/orphaned
> xmap-[d|s]motif are nonfree packages that need Motif. There are open bugs
> that they need to be recompiled for XFree4 - but Motif isn't packaged for
> Debian.

I'll file a bug against ftp.debian.org asking to make these changes.

The next thing I'll work on is to set the maintainer for all orphaned
packages to Debian QA. This will take some time because these are at about
30 packages.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi