Re: RFC: Changing the NM system

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:29:30PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> We have currently over 600 developers and at about 6000 packages
> that have over 600 RC bugs.

And the sun goes up with the cockcrow, but that doesn't mean that the
cockcrow is the reason for it.

> If we don't have severe look at the quality of
> the work of new maintainers it will become very hard to retain our
> reputation of being a high quality distribution.

This is probably FUD, but certainly an unproved assertion.

We won't be able to fix technical problems with social regulations.
We still had 600 RC even without accepting new maintainers at all for one
year. There are plenty of technical solutions to our maintenance problems,
no need to panic about new maintainers.

Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de