Re: task & skills

On 00-12-03 Lenart Janos wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 02:01:24PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

> Hmm. You misunderstanding me a littlebit. I want the same thing like
> you, I just don't know how to do it, which way would be the best.

Oh, sorry. I somehow misinterpreted then some parts of your message. :(

> > I think this won't give us any advantage, but instead give us the
> > disadvantage of being the distribution with the highest number of
> > developes and very low quality still.

> Is it better 1000 working developer then 350 working, yeah? We have to
> find out how to get them to work. Maybe they should be asked why did

Well, having a higher number of working developers is always better, but
I would prefer having them really working.

> join Debian, and what changed since that. But maybe expelling some lazy
> Developers is a good example for the others.

Well, I'm not sure if directly expelling isn't to strict. Maybe the idea
of putting them on probation would be good, but I think we need a way to
deal with those lazy people in our project.

> > You forget at this point, that you joined debian, because you decided
> > for yourself, that you want to contribute something back to the
> > distribution that you are using. You made the decision that you have
> > enough time to work on package or do other stuff.

> I hope 'you' is not addressed to me.

No, because I don't know your personal motivation for joining debian. It
was meant as a general statement.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member