wm2 and 9menu

I'm the Debian maintainer of the wm2 window manager, and I'm trying to
resolve some long-outstanding bugs with its menu system:

#50958: removing wm2 fails
#64188: wm2: /etc/X11/wm2/system.wm2rc doesn't properly handle
        single-quotes
#35666: wm2: cannot use menu
#36022: menu

The previous maintainer wrote a front-end to 9menu called 'wm2-menu'
which he put in the wm2 package.  I have no interest in maintaining
this separate program, as it's not a part of the upstream sources, and
seems to me to be completely disjoint from the window manager itself.

Can I blithely remove the 'wm2-menu' program from my package to resolve
the outstanding bugs in it?  Is there any interest in shifting this
front end (which interfaces the Debian menus with 9menu) into the 9menu
package?

tew
--
      'Beauty will be convulsive or will not be at all.' - A. Breton
                    Ted Whalen - tew@introvert.net