Re: hwtools should include MemMMXtest

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 09:08:45PM +0200, Eric Delaunay wrote:
> > > There is a new memory-testing program, GPL, around, called MemMXtest, and
> > > it seems that it would make an useful addition to hwtools. It sure behaved
> > > much nicer than Memtest that's available in hwtools already, at least on
> > > my machine.
> > >
> > > The MemMXtest homepage is at  http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/memmxtest
> >
> > I hope it's only for woody ;-)
> > I'm waiting for potato to be released before splitting out scsi progs from
> > hwtools into my new scsitools package, so feel free to add it into current
> > hwtools package if you want it rather soon.
>
> Yes, it's for woody, but I don't see why we shouldn't upload it now...

For the split, I need to upgrade my PC box to potato at least to be able to do
some testing (it's running slink atm).  I also need to figure out how scsidev
and devfs could work together, if it's ever possible.
Anyway, I'm afraid I won't work very hard until I'll upgrade my PC box to
something newer than my old P90 (I'm looking for an Athlon 700 or so)... maybe
be next month :-))

> perhaps I'll do that upload.

No problem for me.

Regards.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.