Quality advice : split `hwclock' from util-linux ?

Hello,

I have made a bit of cleaning in the BTS about the bugs open against
util-linux.

There were (critical/important/normal/wishlist) : 1/4/48/9
I closed 3 bugs, reassign 1, merge 3.
There are now : 1/2/46/8.

I didn't give a look to the critical one.

The two important bugs remaining are: one easy to address (SUID bit), the
other is merged bugs (IMHO could be unmerged, one kept important ---
severity could be decreased ---, the others merged with the other 3 ---
documentation issues).

The problem is that 15 (>25%) bugs are against `hwclock' alone. The most
obvious lack is about documentation (we've been discuting this in the
`Scary bugs' thread).

What is the Debian-QA advice about this ? IMHO, it would be more easy to
handle a small package, and to work hard on the documentation, than keeping
a lot of very useful and used utilities merged, increasing the bugs against
one package, and making hard for the maintainer to have a synthetic view of
the problem, when a lot of problems reported are not software problems, but
"user's" problems because of a missing documentation.

Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
website : http://www.polynum.com
/home du SDF (Site Debian Francophone) : http://www.polynum.com/debian