Re: packages for removal from woody

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 06:54:10PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I think we should remove some of the older orphaned packages from the
> unstable archive (woody). No, not from frozen - we kept them this long, we
> can keep them for this release. Richard Braakman (the release manager) told
> me he agrees.

[...]

>      * By Debian Quality Assurance Group (debian-qa@lists.debian.org):
>          (372 Days Orphaned)
>              ppd-gs -- PostScript printer description files for
>                     GhostScript

[...]

> I think we can all agree they can be removed, now.

I had actually considered adopting this, as it has new relevance with
CUPS (which uses PPD files extensively).  I hadn't done anything yet
mostly because I'm still thinking about a good way of managing driver
packages for CUPS.

If you're still of a mind to remove it, go ahead, but don't be
surprised if it returns.