Re: bugsquash NMU of base-files

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 03:52:30PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 02:52:46PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > It is ok to NMU a package because of having an important bug, but please
> > > follow the guidelines in developers-reference for doing NMUs.
> > >
> > > [ I think the most important thing is to contact the maintainer by
> > >   email first ].
> >
> > This was explicitly waived by the release manager and the DPL for the
> > purposes of the BugSquash party.
>
> Well, if the release manager or the DPL think the maintainer does not
> have to be contacted by email they should amend policy and/or
> developers-reference, don't you agree?

The BugSquash events are generally considered to be exceptions to the norm.
If you have a problem with the waiver they issued, take it up with them,
not me.  I did email you when I did the upload, but not before.  But you
were notified.

> > I had my NMU ready on Saturday afternoon
> > but waited to give you a chance to get to it first.
>
> And what happened is that you and me uploaded nearly at the same time...

Well, you could have let mine stay there since it fixed more problems than
yours did...

> > > Anyway, I've downloaded base-files_2.1.11.1 from master's Incoming, and I
> > > agree there are some subtle things which may be improved (in addition to
> > > fixing the Replaces field, which is already done, of course).
> >
> > You might check out 2.1.11.2, I have further improved /etc/profile.
>
> Yes, I've just uuencoded it to me on master.
> You might check debian-devel-changes for uploads from me too :-)

No upload announcement for base-files was made from you.  If there was I
didn't receive it; perhaps you could send me the Message-ID so I can look
for it?

Do you intend to incorporate the changes I made in my NMU or should I just
forget about them?

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    I just wanted to see what it looked like
Debian GNU/Linux               |    in a spotlight.